The 19-year-old will not be referred to as up for a number of years, however MLB.com’s Mike Rosenbaum has him listed because the No. Four catching prospect on the market — behind three guys that look to get referred to as up this season.
Alvarez was a machine on the plate in his first yr within the minors again in 2019, slashing .312/.407/.510, hitting seven house runs and 26 RBI within the Rookie Appalachian League.
Rosenbaum threw Alvarez in as a superb hitter and one of many higher base runners within the group.
One thing to observe is his fielding — Alvarez dedicated 4 errors in 2019, however nonetheless had a 98.Three fielding share in these 27 video games.
Here is the complete checklist:
1. Adley Rutschman, Baltimore Orioles (2021)
2. Joey Bart, San Francisco Giants (2021)
3. Luis Campusano, San Diego Padres (2021)
4. Francisco Alvarez, New York Mets (2023)
5. Keibert Ruiz, Los Angeles Dodgers (2021)
6. Shea Langeliers, Atlanta Braves (2022)
7. Sam Huff, Texas Rangers (2021)
8. Miguel Amaya, Chicago Cubs (2021)
9. Tyler Stephenson, Cincinatti Reds (2021)
10. Ivan Herrera, St. Louis Cardinals (2022)