The Knicks clawed again from a 25-point deficit, however New York was unable to totally climb out of an early gap Sunday and suffered a 116-113 loss to the Path Blazers on the Moda Heart in Portland, Ore. >> Box score
5 issues to know from Sunday’s sport
1. With out Reggie Bullock, who was sidelined with a sore neck, the Knicks barely tweaked the beginning 5. Head coach Tom Thibodeau inserted Alec Burks right into a lineup of Elfrid Payton, RJ Barrett, Julius Randle and Mitchell Robinson.
2. After a tough return from harm Friday in New York’s 103-94 loss on the Sacramento Kings, Burks bounced again. Burks scored 18 factors on 6-of-9 taking pictures, together with 5 for Eight on three-pointers, with 4 rebounds and one help in 27 minutes.
3. Randle paced the Knicks’ starters with a 25-point efficiency on a 7-for-18 mark from the sphere, plus 10 free throws out of 11 makes an attempt in 32 minutes. Randle’s evening ended with an odd sequence with the Knicks down 112-109 on the fourth quarter’s 16.6-second mark, which led to a pair of Robert Covington free throws on the opposite finish that put Portland up 114-109.
4. A sizzling begin by Damian Lillard‘s 15-point first quarter buried the Knicks, however New York fought again. Lillard, who iced the sport on a pair of free throws with 5.Three seconds left that put Portland (9-6) forward 116-111, paced the Blazers’ early offensive outburst by in the end dropping 39 factors on 11-of-17 taking pictures. He went 6 for-10 from deep and made all 11 of free throws in 34 minutes.
5. Immanuel Quickley got here to life because the Knicks made a comeback try. In 24 minutes off the bench, Quickley produced a brand new career-high 31 factors, taking pictures 9 for 18 — together with 5 triples — whereas he made all eight of his free-throw makes an attempt.
The Knicks (8-10) goal to keep away from a second straight loss as they wrap up their four-game West Coast highway journey with Tuesday’s 9 p.m. sport towards the Utah Jazz (12-4).