The previous India captain will endure a stenting process on Thursday
Former India captain and BCCI president Sourav Ganguly has been hospitalised for the second time this month after complaining of “chest discomfort”. It’s understood that Ganguly complained of restlessness on Tuesday night and was admitted to the Apollo Gleneagles hospital in Kolkata on Wednesday, and can endure a stenting process on Thursday.
A press release from the hospital on Wednesday night supplied the next particulars and updates:
- Previous historical past: He had ache [in the] chest on Jan 2, 2021. He got here to Woodlands hospital then. Analysis was executed as Triple vessel illness. He had three blocks in RCA [right coronary artery], LAD [left anterior descending artery], OM2 [second obtuse marginal].
- Stenting was executed on RCA on Jan 2, 2021. Medical Board was executed with many specialists together with Dr Devi Shetty.
- The recommendation was the remainder two blocks have been to be revasculalised/stenting to be executed after 2-Three weeks.
- Right this moment is 25th day put up PTCA [percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty, a procedure to open blocked coronary arteries and improve blood flow to the heart muscles].
- He had chest discomfort at present and he’s taken to Apollo at present. Dr Saptarshi Basu and Dr Saroj Mondal are attending. Dr Aftab Khan will do the stenting tomorrow in presence of Dr Devi Shetty.
This got here after a press release from the hospital earlier within the day, which stated, “There is no such thing as a change in his parameters since his final hospitalization and his important parameters are steady”.
Earlier within the month, Ganguly had been discharged from Woodlands Hospital following therapy for the same grievance, later described as a coronary heart assault by docs. He was stated to have recovered after the angioplasty. After being discharged, Ganguly had been on oral treatment and was to be “monitored by docs and nurses each day at house”.
The MD and CEO of Woodlands Hospital, Dr Rupali Basu, had stated on the time that Ganguly had no recognized comorbidities, however a household historical past of coronary heart ailments, and that he had examined damaging for Covid-19. His brother, former Bengal cricketer and present Cricket Affiliation of Bengal joint secretary Snehasish Ganguly, underwent a profitable angioplasty final week, additionally on the Apollo Gleneagles Hospital.
One of many professional consultants, famend heart specialist Dr Devi Shetty, had stated through the discharge that Ganguly had no coronary heart injury.
“Did he have a coronary heart injury? No. He had a blockage and he was getting some discomfort, however on the proper time he landed in the proper hospital and he had the proper therapy,” Shetty had stated on the time. “His coronary heart is at present as sturdy because it was when Sourav was 20 years outdated. I need everybody to grasp that he did not have a significant cardiac occasion which has broken his coronary heart. He has a really, very sturdy coronary heart.”